In my previous post, I have shared with you my Skincare Routine on a chill day. So after we have prepped our skin, it is time to move onto makeup! I am sporting a natural look these day because I am just having some time off from work. Going to yoga class and running errands mostly. My lips are having some allergy at the moment, so I am not wearing any lip products, except good old Neutrogena Norwegian Formula lip moisturizer. That’s all.
So lets get started!
1. Apply Tinted moisturizer / BB / CC creams. Since I am going for a more natural makeup look, here I am using Chanel Les Beiges All-in-one Healthy Glow cream SPF30 PA++++. This product has very minimal concealing function, it only serves to even your skin tone a little bit and gives you an overall “healthy glow”. The good thing about this is your skin can still “breath” wearing this. It is very lightweight and you feel like as if you didn’t wear any makeup. But if you need more coverage, this product is probably not for you. If you are young and have fairly good skin, you can give this a try.
2. Eyebrow – I have mentioned here, that because of the roots of my hair is growing out, I have changed the way I style my brows to a darker & thicker look. So here, I am using SLEEK makeup’s Brow Kit in Extra dark to create a stronger looking brows. Stronger looking brows conveys confidence and brings more energy to the face. After a few days of wearing it, I am getting used to it and falling in love with it. It also complements well with Fall / Winter fashion.
3. Eyeshadow – Since the look is natural, I am using an earth tone brown shade, Almond (No.6) from Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow. I have a detailed review on it here. This eyeshadow is one of my favorite because of its texture. Normally I will apply a base color all over my eyelid so that I can blend the colors for a smooth gradient look. But with this eyeshadow I don’t need to apply anything before it, and it is still very blendable. The reason is this shadow is very very fine and buttery, so you can blend it however you want it. I am also only using a single eyeshadow, which is rare because I like my eyes to be defined. But this does the job well enough, trust me.
4. Eyeliner – I apply pencil first and then liquid liner. Here I am using L’oreal Paris Color Riche Le Kohl in Midnight Black and Shiseido INTEGRATE Ultra Slim Cat-Like Eyes Liquid Eyeliner. Liquid liner here is optional, since we want to achieve a natural look. I personally opt to use both because I have oily eyelids and khol is usually soft and easy to use and control, but the staying power is not so good. Especially under humid and hot weather here in Hong Kong. I have to use a liquid liner on top of the khol to keep the liner stay in place.
5. Blush now, I like this YSL baby doll kiss & blush in 03 Rose Libre. I like this shade a lot because it is really nice color on your cheeks and lips. I carry it in my handbag all the time, so I can touch up both my cheeks and lip. It is a very pretty tea rose pink and it is soft and natural. Today I am only using it on my cheeks, just to give my face a little bit of color.
6. For my lips, I didn’t apply anything, only a lip balm – Neutrogena Norwegian formula lipbalm. My lips are acting out and having allergy so they are itchy and red, so I just use good old Neutrogena lipbalm to moisturize them. That’s all.
So that is the final look of my running-errands-around-town look!
Hope you guys enjoyed this post.